Tuesday, January 17, 2006

short recollection

I am washing up and I'm thinking ...

I once shared, and co-owned, a house in Mayfield.

The situations that lead up to the purchase of this property and the person with which I undertook this responsibility are not for now, so lets move on.
Mayfield is a charming village in East Sussex boasting, at the time, eleven or so pubs. We were fortunate enough to inhabit an idyll right next door to one, with a typical name, The Railway Arms, and I can definitely say for certain that we became locals within two months.
I have nothing but fond memories of this house, whose address I can't remember, so its a crying shame that I was too immature to appreciate it.

There were moments.

I had a beautiful bedroom at the top of the house, sorry, I haven't explained the place have i, well, this is from memory dating back eighteen years.

The house was a right-hand semi-detached property with a small lane running down by the right-hand side. It comprised three floors, Entrance hall leading to a kitchen at the back and a living room at the front. Two bedrooms and a bathroom on the middle floor and the final bedroom, mine, at the top.

I lived there for at least eighteen months and for at least three quarters of that time I was completely happy, not just getting along happy, completely happy.

Why didn't I see that.

There are at least twelve really good stories wrapped around this time.

But that is also for another time.

washing ups done ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pray continue bubba !

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the great Greybread contemplates his dangerous passage through this life.

Yeah, I had a Hillman Avenger once. It cost me a hundred quid, then another hundred quid for tyres and shit to make it legal. It had two gears - reverse and third. It was a bastard to get away from the lights.

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home