Tuesday, December 21, 2004

His majesty is coming ...



The best thing about Christmas is looking forward to all the great things that may happen in January. Well next year I will be going to see the master Mr Julian Cope. He is gracing us with his presence on January 21st at The Royal Festival Hall and I, along with a few thousand other devotees, will be there. It is close to my birthday (always depressing) and will serve to cheer me through another notch on the life stick. I have carried this mans music with me since the late 70's and he has consistantly surprised, frustrated, thrilled and entertained me in that time. Cope is like your intellectual, slightly mad friend who does things that you wish you had the balls to do. Musically he has had some stella, sublime, brilliant moments and a good deal of self-indulgence, as a performer he is unique, captivating and charismatic. I want 'Trampoline' played at my funeral and I'm glad I've got Julian in my life ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home